Currently, in Breckenridge, Texas, women in their second trimester of pregnancy can seek support for parenting and adoption. Both options come with support and resources to make either choice possible.
If your heart is set on parenting, you can access many free resources in Breckenridge and Cisco to make this option more affordable for you. We aim to empower women to thrive in our community during and after pregnancy.
Our Pregnancy & Family Resource Center Provides:
- Pregnancy & Parenting Classes: In addition to education, you can earn points toward a free car seat or baby bed, along with any items in our Baby Boutique.
- Free Monthly Assistance: This is offered on a case-by-case basis. Talk to us about how we can help you.
- A GED Program: Receiving your GED will strengthen you for future employment opportunities. We have a program to help you meet your GED goals.
- Life Skills & Job Training: Your future is bright. Our classes will help you accomplish your life and career goals to set you up for success.
- Community Referrals: We have a variety of community referrals to meet your specific needs. If you’re looking for housing, clothing, fresh food, medical care, or professional counseling, we’ve partnered with agencies in the community to assist you.
Adoption is when you place your child with a loving adoptive family. While we do not specialize in adoption here at our center, we can talk with you about this option.
While it comes with emotional challenges, adoption can be beneficial for your future child if you don’t want to or can’t parent. There are many adoption plans available, and you can choose the adoptive family and the amount of contact you would like to have.
Please note, however, that open adoption agreements are not enforceable in Texas. These are adoption plans where you communicate directly with the adoptive family and child.
We can refer you to a reputable adoption agency if you are interested. They can answer all your adoption questions.
Texas Abortion Laws
In Texas, abortion is currently banned except in cases where the life of the mother is at risk. The woman who receives the abortion cannot be held criminally or civilly liable.
This means that there aren’t any elective abortion options in Breckenridge.
While we do not refer or provide for abortion, we understand that some women in Texas may consider traveling. If you fall into this category, we offer no-cost pre-abortion screening to protect your health and safety.
Serving Breckenridge and Cisco
We proudly support women in Breckenridge and Cisco as they consider all their options.
Contact us to schedule a free and confidential appointment today. We’ll provide initial pregnancy testing and early pregnancy services, and can discuss your needs and how we can help you.